Thursday, June 2, 2011

Josh Duhamel given award for charity work


Hollywood star Josh Duhamel has been recognised for his fundraising efforts by the American Red Cross. The 38 year-old organised a charity run in California to help people affect by March’s earthquake and tsunami. Because of his work, Duhamel was recently awarded with the Crystal Cross at the annual Red Cross Red Tie Affair. He told Fox411.com: “I had never been honoured in that kind of way. I was like, ‘Really? You’re going to give me an award? OK, I’ll be there!’ I had this need to want to do something, actively do something, rather than just go to an event. I wanted to feel like I was actually contributing something physically.” When the tsunami and earthquake hit Japan, Duhamel and his wife Fergie were particularly affected. He added: “The Black Eyed Peas have a very close relationship with Japan. They go there quite often. They were shooting a video just four days before the earthquake and tsunami struck there. So Fergie was really upset by the news.”

No comments:

Post a Comment